Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics, The
Chinese University of Hong Kong
Department of Statistics
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
xfang at sta.cuhk.edu.hk
Statistics, National University of Singapore, supervised by Louis H. Y. Chen and Zhengxiao Wu.
Mathematics, Peking University
Assistant Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Instructor, National University of Singapore
Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University
Research Fellow, National University of Singapore
research interests include SteinŐs method for probability approximations, change-point analysis and their applications.
Preprints and submitted papers (available on arXiv.org)
- Skewness correction in tail probability approximations for sums of
local statistics (with Li
Luo and Qi-Man Shao).
- Multivariate normal
approximation by Stein's method: the concentration inequality approach (with Louis H. Y. Chen).
Published or accepted papers
- Segmentation and
estimation of change-point models: false positive control and confidence regions (with
Jian Li and David Siegmund).
To appear in Annals of Statistics.
- Wasserstein-2 bounds in
normal approximation under local dependence. Electronic Journal of Probability. 24 (2019), 1-14.
- Multivariate approximations in Wasserstein distance by Stein's
method and Bismut's formula (with Qi-Man Shao and Lihu Xu). Probability Theory and Related Field (2018).
- Limit theorems
with rate of convergence under sublinear expectations (with Shige Peng, Qi-Man Shao and
Yongsheng Song). To appear in Bernoulli.
- A multivariate CLT for bounded decomposable random vectors with the
best known rate. Journal
of Theoretical Probability. 29 (2016),
- Poisson approximation for two scan statistics with rates of
convergence (with David Siegmund). Annals
of Applied Probability. 26 (2016), 2384-2418.
- Rates of convergence for multivariate normal
approximation with applications to dense graphs and doubly indexed
permutation statistics (with Adrian Rllin).
Bernoulli 21 (2015), 2157-2189.
- On the error bound in a combinatorial central limit theorem
(with Louis H. Y. Chen). Bernoulli 21 (2015), 335-359.
- A universal error bound in the CLT for counting monochromatic edges
in uniformly colored graphs. Electronic Communications in Probability. 20 (2015), 1-6.
- Discretized normal approximation by Stein's method. Bernoulli 20 (2014), 1404-1431.
- Moderate deviations in Poisson approximation:
a first attempt (with Louis H. Y. Chen and Qi-Man Shao). Statistica Sinica. 23 (2013), 1523-1540.
- From Stein identities to moderate deviations (with Louis H. Y. Chen and Qi-Man Shao). Annals of
Probability. 41 (2013),
STAT5005 Advanced Probability Theory, CUHK,
STAT2102 Basic Statistical Concepts and
Methods II, CUHK, spring 2017-2019.
STAT3210 Statistical Techniques in Life
Sciences, CUHK, fall 2016 and 2017.
ST4232 Nonparametric Statistics, NUS, spring
Regression, NUS, fall 2015.
Statistical Methods in Finance,
ST5221 Probability and
Kong RGC GRF 14302418
Kong RGC ECS 24301617
2017.1-, CUHK Direct
reviewer for Mathematical Reviews;
referee for Ann. Appl. Probab., Ann. Probab., Ann.
Statist., Bernoulli, J. R. Stat. Soc. Ser. B, etc.
Updated in May 2019.